Part of Carent's Farm, in Yeovil Marsh


Paddock (Parcel 1201) was a small field that was part of Carent's Farm in Yeovil Marsh.

The 1846 Tithe Apportionment recorded that Paddock was owned by George Bullock and let to William Symes. It was used as pasture for grazing livestock and measured 0a 3r 21p.

Paddock (Parcel 1201) was bounded on the south by Yeovil Marsh's main village street, to the west by the small Yeovil Marsh stream that eventually joins the River Yeo below Pill Bridge, Ilchester. To the north it was bounded by an un-named field.

By the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Paddock was recorded as an orchard measuring 2a 2r 7p - the increase in size being due to the inclusion of the adjoining cottage garden and orchard.

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.