the history of yeovil's pubs

PUBS HOME PAGE

PUBS INTRODUCTION

PUBS BY NAME

BEERHOUSES


Bull inn

Hendford

 

There are only three references for this late 17th century early 18th century alehouse run by Robert Cary in Hendford, the first two are shown in 'Licensees'

The third reference comes from St John's parish register with the entry "25 February 1702 - Anne a strang[e] Child born at ye Bull".

Tthe exact location of the Bull Inn is unknown.

 

licensees

 

1694 – Mr Robert Cary for the Bull 1s.10d. (Poor Rate Book) listed as in Henford (sic)
1695 – R. Cary (Notes of LC Hayward)