Little Fore Ground

Little Fore Ground

Yeovil Marsh


Little Fore Ground (Parcel 1226) was a small field of Lambert's Farm (later called Poplars Farm) in Yeovil Marsh but had also, at one time, been a field of Lower Carent's Farm.

At the time of the 1846 Tithe Apportionment, Little Fore Ground was owned by John James Lambert and the occupier was William Dibble. Little Fore Ground was recorded as pasture for grazing livestock and measured 4a 0r 0p.

Little Fore Ground (Parcel 1226) was bounded on the north by Home Mead (Parcel 1227), to the east by Great Fore Ground (Parcel 1225), to the south by the road through Yeovil Marsh and Marches Mead (Parcel 1222) and to the west by Lower Carent's farmhouse and garden (Parcel 1228).

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.



At the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Lower Carent's Farm is shown in pink and Lambert's Farm is shown in green.