Lower Haine's

Lower HainE's

Lambert's Farm / Poplars Farm, Yeovil Marsh


Lower Haine's (Parcel 1213) was a small field of Lambert's Farm (later called Poplars Farm) in Yeovil Marsh.

At the time of the 1846 Tithe Apportionment, Lower Haine's was owned by John James Lambert and the occupier was William Dibble. Lower Haine's was recorded as an orchard and measured 3a 1r 5p.

Lower Haine's (Parcel 1213) was bounded on the north by Higher Foxey (Parcel 1211), to the east by Cowleaze (Parcel 1212), to the south by Higher Haine's (Parcel 1214) and to the west by Summerleaze (Parcel 1230) and Lambert's farmhouse and garden (Parcel 1223).

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.



At the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Lower Carent's Farm is shown in pink and Lambert's Farm is shown in green.