Old Orchard

Old Orchard

Lambert's Farm, Yeovil Marsh


Old Orchard (Parcel 1224) was a small field of Lambert's Farm (later called Poplars Farm) in Yeovil Marsh.

At the time of the 1846 Tithe Apportionment, Old Orchard was owned by John James Lambert and the occupier was William Dibble. Clearly an orchard at one time, Old Orchard's use was unrecorded in the Tithe Apportionment, but may have still been an orchard. It measured 2a 0r 0p.

Old Orchard (Parcel 1224) was bounded on the north by Summerleaze (Parcel 1230), on the east by Lower Carent's farmhouse and garden (Parcel 1228), to the south by Great Fore Ground (Parcel 1225) and to the west by Home Mead (Parcel 1227).

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.



At the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Lower Carent's Farm is shown in pink and Lambert's Farm is shown in green.