Ashe's Mead

Ashe's Mead

Part of Broadmead Farm, in Yeovil Marsh


Ashe's Mead (Parcel 1151) was a field that was a part of Donn's Farm, later called Broadmead Farm, in Yeovil Marsh.

The 1846 Tithe Apportionment recorded that Ashe's Mead was owned by Robert Donn of Stoke sub Hamdon and the tenant was Thomas Dauncey. It was recorded as meadow for growing hay and measured 2a 0r 5p.

Ashe's Mead (Parcel 1151) was bounded on the north and east by the small Yeovil Marsh stream that eventually joins the River Yeo below Pill Bridge, Ilchester. To the south it was bounded by Bare Legs (Parcel 1149) and Four Acre Mead (1) (Parcel 1150).

By the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Ashe's Mead (Parcel 1151) had been combined with Four Acre Mead (1) (Parcel 1150). The new combined field was now used as pasture for grazing livestock. The new combined field of Four Acre Mead and Ashe's Mead was recorded as 6a 0r 19p.

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.