Seven Acres

Seven Acres

Part of Donn's Farm, later Broadmead Farm, in Yeovil Marsh


Seven Acres (Parcel 1146) was a field of Donn's Farm, later called Broadmead Farm, in Yeovil Marsh.

The 1846 Tithe Apportionment recorded that Seven Acres was owned by Robert Donn of Stoke sub Hamdon and the tenant was Thomas Dauncey. It was recorded as arable for growing crops and measured 6a 2r 0p. The disparity between size and name is probably due to the use of 'Statute' measurements in the Apportionment which were actually smaller than the earlier local 'Customary' measurements.

Seven Acres (Parcel 1146) was bounded on the north by Bare Legs (Parcel 1149), on the east by Lock's Mead (Parcel 1148), to the south by German's Mead (Parcel 1143) and to the west by Three Acre Mead (Parcel 1145).

By the time of the 1919 sale of the six Marsh farms, Donn's Farm had been renamed Broadmead Farm. At this time Seven Acres was still used as arable and was recorded as 6a 2r 6p.

For details on historic land measurement (ie acres, roods and perches) click here.